- Approximately 90% of the time, your computer (i.e. the CPU) is doing
- nothing. Why not donate all that wasted computing power to help mankind,
- and solve some hard problems in science? Listed below are some worldwide
- distributed computing projects, for which there is a Redbrick team. When
- you\'re joining up to a particular project, use the information below to
- add yourself to the Redbrick team, and join other brickies in the fight
- to cure cancer/aids, simulate protein folding, or search for alien life!
- Projects with a Redbrick team:
- * Folding@Home: The Redbrick team is called \"Redbrick.dcu.ie\", and
- its number is \"43166\"
- * Redbrick RC5 (http://romana.now.ie/rc5/): - This is a little old\...
- ## Links
- * <http://distributedcomputing.info/projects.html> - List of worldwide
- distributed computing projects
- * <http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~kpodesta/distributed> - A quick
- introduction to distributed systems in general
- [Category:Projects](/Category:Projects "wikilink")