You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.

RBOnly:Minutes_20_02_2008.md 3.2 KiB

4 years ago
3 years ago
123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990
  1. Absent: Amy, Dave
  2. Late: Padraig, Cian
  3. ## Previous Minutes + Agenda
  4. * Approved
  5. ## Tech Week
  6. * Andrew in with Karen in a cubicle, page and a half on Tech Week in
  7. Campus. Poster on back cover hopefully, 300 words + photos. Kev and
  8. Dano for text. Graham to do poster. Photoshop posters from last year
  9. if needed.
  10. * Monday: Allan Dixon comfirmed. 5pm start. Venue needed. CSD lab if
  11. possible, 4-6pm for setup. Check what Allan wants. Using Adobe video
  12. portable so Windows computers probably.
  13. * Launch Party: Padraig sorted venue for Monday - Old Bar - band
  14. confirmed. Futurism the only band playing. Check drum kit, Music Soc
  15. one might be usable. Andrew to look into sound desk. DJ Brian
  16. hopefully confirmed for after, need to double check. Tickets need to
  17. be made tonight.
  18. * Light and Sound workshop probably scrapped, Andrew meeting with
  19. Drama people tonight. Star trek quiz also happening!!! \\o/
  20. * Side note: It\'s hard to find the \\ and @ keys on a Mac :(
  21. * Tuesday: Installfest at 6pm, FilmSoc at 7.30pm. Hackers, Die Hard
  22. 4.0?
  23. * Wednesday: Demonware at 3pm, possibly consoles 1-3pm, upper part of
  24. the Venue, PC Building after. Colmmacc at 5pm? Refreshments for PC
  25. building. Wednesday night debate if possible?
  26. * Master Debating was invented in 1266.
  27. * Thursday: 4pm Photoshop with Eimear, Eoghan to book lab, get PC\'s
  28. unlocked. Check if Eimear is good for that time. Book an hour
  29. beforehand for setup.
  30. ## Helpdesk Workshop
  31. * Week 6, not Week 5 apparently.
  32. * Advanced Redbrick, possibly to include screen.
  33. * Plenty of time left to work on it.
  34. ## Week 5 Event
  35. * Cinema Trip. Coppers night also a suggestion.
  36. * Movie to be decided at a later date.
  37. ## Status of Minerva + Tech Stuff
  38. * Changeover was fairly smooth if slightly late. Very few issues.
  39. * Apache still not quite ready on Murphy, as it has IP issues or
  40. something.
  41. * Toaster is still a bit \"shit\", Cian got a login prompt but can\'t
  42. type in it.
  43. * Redbrick status page nearly working.
  44. ## Clubs & Socs Awards
  45. * First 5 nomination - probably applying for Andrew.
  46. * Best website.
  47. * Most improved? - Kev suggests that it\'s not worthwhile if the
  48. society hasn\'t improved. Cian insists that anyone who doesn\'t want
  49. Redbrick to apply for most improved should resign or something.
  50. * Deadline is 5th of March.
  51. ## RAG Week
  52. * Hard drive smashing.
  53. * Estates approval still needed.
  54. * Padraig to contact his friend in estates, then estates proper if
  55. needed for permission.
  56. * Slegehmamer needed for smashing.
  57. * Eoghan has a pitchfork, this isn\'t actually very usefuly, but it\'s
  58. a start.
  59. * Hard drive smashing to be used to promote Tech Week, sell tickets
  60. for Monday night.
  61. ## Treasurer
  62. * Not present at several meetings so possibly deemed to have resigned.
  63. * Andrew to talk to her about position, get cheque book etc. New
  64. treasurer needed if she\'s still not interested.
  65. ## AOB
  66. * Limerick trip - Weekend after Tech Week. Multiple trad sessions,
  67. Paintball and Karting. Cian, as intersocs rep, needs to get details
  68. so we can apply for funding for absolutely everything.
  69. * Microsoft guy mainly interested in sponsoring gaming competitions,
  70. not talks and such.
  71. * Website - profile pages must be ready next week!!!!