- A thread, usually posted on the newsgroups, by three people, each
- following up to each other in very quick succession. The thread consists
- of threee parts. Each part is posted by a person, and it loops around
- infinitely. Or atleast until the participants are threatened with
- disuserment, and physical violence.
- The three parts of the thread are :
- `* "Isn't that one of those recursive jokes?"`\
- `* "To Understand Recursion you must first understand recursion"`\
- `* "Of course, that's not really recursion."`
- The recursive thread first appeared on the boards in 1998, and has
- reared its ugly head every so often since then. People often post
- \"Isn\'t that one of those recursive jokes?\" on the boards, simply to
- start one, which rarely works. The true recursive thread is as
- mysterious as the programming method that lends it its name.
- See also: [Recursion](/Recursion "wikilink").
- Originally from the [Encyclopedia](/Encyclopedia "wikilink")
- [Category:Encyclopedia](/Category:Encyclopedia "wikilink")