Redbrick's Helpdesk is
a lazy shower of absolute wasters an
elite team of hard working individuals dedicated to helping Redbrick
users by answering queries, running workshops and forwarding hundreds of
mails to the admins.
The Helpdesk Team
Feel free to mail
with any problems at all. They also have an IRC channel: #helpdesk
Here you can find guides on how to use different Redbrick services.
These guides are maintained by the Helpdesk team - if there's something
we've left out let us know.
Using Your Account
- Chat/IRC - find out how to chat with other
- Irssi - page about the irssi client, detailing
more advanced features and commands.
- Weechat - this is an alternate chat client
available on RedBrick.
- Bitlbee - use chat to connect to MSN, Yahoo &
- Peepd - use chat to connect to Twitter.
- OtherIrcClients - use ssh forwarding
to connect with your own IRC client on your computer.
- Redbrick Wiki - how to use this wiki.
- Webspace - how to use your Redbrick webspace
and get your website up and running.
- Transferring Files - how to use
WinSCP and transfer files to and from Redbrick.
- .htaccess - using htaccess to password
protect areas of your site.
- PHP - tutorial on using PHP on Redbrick.
- TomCat - provides an environment for Java code
to run in cooperation with a web server.
- Hosting Your Domain On
Redbrick - a quick
News / Message Boards
- Unix Intro - an introduction to Unix and
basic commands that you can use on Redbrick.
- Unix Advanced - some more advanced Unix
- File Permissions - introduction to
different file permissions and how to use chmod.
- SSH-Keys - connect without typing a password
- Programming On Redbrick - how
to use Java, C and C++ compilers on RedBrick.
- C++ - how to write, compile and run C++
programs using the g++ compiler on RedBrick.
- Subversion - Use Subversion for version control
- Mercurial - Use Mercurial for version
control on RedBrick
- Git - use Git for version control on Redbrick
Other Useful Stuff
These pages weren't written by us, but are equally helpful, so we've
included them here, because we're nice :)
- Gallery - how to
install Gallery on your own webspace.
- Wordpress - how to
install a wordpress blog.
- DokuWiki - how to install your
- Vanilla - install a vanilla
- PubCookie - restrict access to
web pages to Redbrick members.
- Jabber - connect to the Redbrick
- QuickSilver -
connect to Redbrick from your Mac with QuickSilver.