You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Previous minutes approved.
- Andrew and Kat did bouncy castle stuff.
- d_fens is working on website stuff.
- Hoodies are 30 euro again.
- David helped on Open Day.
- Padraig did tshirt design.
- Amy helped on Open Day and did accounts stuff.
- Receive suggests everyone pick a task and do it by next week.
- Werdz to do apache stuff.
- Kat to organise receipts.
- Richard to do web stuff.
- Helpdesk organising a tutorial soon.
- Amy to read mail and login
- Eoghan to contact Ubuntu people about usergroup stuff.
- Cian to save admins from legionnaire's disease.
- Redbrick have gotten 50 free tickets.
- Ice Skating takes place next Wednesday at 5.30pm in the RDS.
- Games Soc to be invited to shift more tickets.
- Less talks and more interactive stuff needed this year.
- Helpdesk suggest a joint E+S and RB Photoshop tutorial if Eimear is
willing. Cian disagrees as he likes the fake rivalry. Redbrick +
Style suggested for it instead.
- Linux workshop, live CDs could be given in advance to preview linux.
- Games Soc to do games talks.
- Web design tutorial. Al O'Connor, Barry/barballs and Richard
"d_fens" Dalton suggested to run it.
- Google suggested.
- Older admins and associates could do events or have contacts.
- Communication school people and Computing people could be good
- Societies that we could get involved: Music, MPS, Games, Film,
Drama, Style (Tech Ball!?), Art, Fotosoc, Devate, AMS.
- Need to pick a week for it.
- Hoodies are 30 euro each for current design again.
- Padraig to try new designs and find prices for printed versions
instead of embroidered.
Accounts + Tshirt/Drink money
- Some issues with paying for tshirts, tshirts can be returned and
reused for future events if people don't really want them.
- Drink money from committee meal is paid by committee members.
- Accounts: Currently cash flow is poor, should have €2551 after
paypal + SPC stuff + Open Day money.
Admin position + Root
- Should drag0n retain root after resigning?
- Some disagreement, could be a bad precedent for future admin
dropouts if they can retain root after resigning.
- Most believe it's safer to remove root.
- Admins don't need someone right away to fill the third position.
Will be mentioned in mail, interest to be gauged.
- Redbrick Net Cafe, money for internet usage.
- PC's needed, could be some from School of Computing, CSD need to be
contacted about opening ports in the Venue.
- Bad for new members, some older members spamming/being abusive.
- At this point in the meeting, Eoghan Cotter falls off his chair.
- Poor behaviour from certain members is costing us regular logins
from first years/new members.
- Troublemakers to be warned and banned if they continue.
- Padraig is opposed to long term bans from the channel.
- Helpdesk - Week 11, screen tutorial. To be taught without logging in
to IRC to reduce spam.
- Bans - Eoghan dislikes people unbanning after a ban has been set.
Committee to be mailed with info when a ban is put in place.
- Long meeting is long.
- Christmas Party - more info soon!