Minutes - 29-01-2007
Absent: Damien, Kat, Amy, Padraig, Richard, David (all excused)
Previous Minutes + Agenda
- Timeline for moving everything needed.
- Richard has hacks to attempt to fix the wiki.
- Web boards - Andrew busy, Cian suggests making it an open project
and asking for help.
- Apache nearly ready on Murphy.
- Minerva nearly ready to becom login machine, login script needed.
- Target date for changeover of login machine is end of Week 2.
- techweek.dcu.ie is being built the old fashioned way, will be ready
before Tech Week.
- Server room to be cleaned.
New Techie Stuff
- Cluster project - nothing yet, to be mentioned in blog.
- Facebook app - new Facebook API could lend itself to some
interesting Redbrick stuff, to be thought about.
- archive.redbrick.dcu.ie - receive wants an archive of old stuff in
- Receive to talk to Una about HMC and the Den.
- Obelisk - Cian wants as a BSD machine, anyterm could go on toaster
or murphy instead... or welmar?
Week One Events
- EGM - Admin test needed. Constitutional change - Helpdesk to be
reduced by one.
- EGM will take place on Thursday, 6pm in QG13 or whatever similar
room is free.
- Week one bar event thing not really doable, so instead, we go to
Fibbers after the EGM.
- Sports Day - Redbrick to be involved.
- C&S Day 2 - everyone wanted for the day.
- Helpdesk - reintroduction to Redbrick.
- Kev to reply to mail about lab bookings.
- One event needed to raise some money.
- Intersocs event suggested, or something to do with computers.
- "Installfest" - Andrew to look after it.
- Helpdesk to look after tutorials.
- Demonware on Wednesday.
- Cian to talk to Colmacc about possible joost talk.
- Build Your Own PC tutorial if we can find a PC.
- 1 month paid on Astroturf, hopefully move to park after.
- Match against associates would be good.
- Kev suggests reviving newsletter email list to use instead of
announce for weekly mails, but it is not to be :(