You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Got something you think Redbrick should have or should do? Put it here!
- OpenID - make http://openid.redbrick.dcu.ie/username/ a valid
- Don't quite get what this is all about, looks enterprise
web2.0-ey though, let's do it.
--Werdz 17:03, 26 Jun 2008 (IST)
- Good idea in theory. Maybe with something that isn't wordpress
(smouldering crater in the ground, security-wise) though?
- Optional Google Apps for domain
- Subversion, http/https
- Excellent idea. Maybe git too while we're at it. And/or
bazaar.. --Werdz 17:03, 26 Jun 2008
- bebo/facebook bridge
- Proper bleedin boards, phpbb or somefink
- I'm working on a nice set of boards, anyone who feels like
helping (it'll require an indexer, a thin layer to connect to
the nntp server for posting, and a nice web interface) is
- Just separate it all - screw combing the two boards. Get a
decent forum up with the usual forums, general, events etc
and put up course forums like charlie's for ca - there is
nothing that does this at present and people would find this
a far easier way to start chatting with people from their
courses then figuring their way onto putty and into chat and
asking everyone what are they studying.
- proper suggestion box process also :)
- VPN - allow people to connect to a graphical redbrick already. Allow
people to install like Eclipse and plugins etc.
- Redbrick Client? A graphical client that connects to IRC, MUD
(maybe?), receives rss feeds from website, etc... Would seriously
help 1st years who join CA but haven't got a clue about computers
apart from how to turn it on and use Internet Explorer (/vomit).
Would also be useful for lazy people who don't want to use putty,
irc clients, etc.
- MMORPG - Something a bit more graphical than the MUD at least,
easily done in 2D. (I have premade MMO code done in Java, uses
OpenGL(2D, not 3D) and Apache/Mina for server stuff).