Category: Redbrick History
- 2nd - Redbrick goes to Brussels for FOSDEM.
Four days of booze, and two days of talks ensue for the intrepid
Brickies. Lessons learned include: dilligaf + Jack Daniels = bad;
and everyone should carry CAT5e cable at all times in case of broken
- 2nd - Redbrick member bunbun is reported as missing.
- 15th - Minerva is taken offline to allow it
to be used as the primary login machine for Science Hack Day Dublin.
After the event, it is planned to be re-provisioned as a Windows
- 23th - Redbrick takes applications for this years IrlCPC Programming
Competition in UCC. Five teams are formed to attend the event.
- 26th - EngSoc and Redbrick, in association with the Engineering and
Computing opens applications for a chance to test Google Chromebook
on behalf of the university.
- 2nd - Setup begins for Science Hack Day Dublin. Technical problems
- 3rd & 4th - Science Hack Day Dublin takes place in the Venue. Many
interesting projects are developed and demonstrated over the two
days. Much pizza is consumed. The primary services machine for the
event looses 2 disks approximately 5 hours into the event causing a
temporary interruption while services are migrated to another
- 5th - Techweek 2012 starts
Monday 6:00 pm, LG25 - Colin Whittaker (grimnar) - "How the Internet Really Works"
Monday 7:00pm, NuBar - Tech Week kick-off pints.
Tuesday 6:30 pm, LG25 - Eoghan Gaffney (atlas) - "Introduction to Ruby"
Wednesday 6:30 pm, LG25 - Alan Neville (anev) - "IDS/IPS Evasion Techniques"
Thursday 6:00 pm, LG25 - Richard Dalton (d_fens) - "CSRF & Web Security"
Thursday 8:00pm, NuBar - Strange Things Quiz
- 13th - The body of bunbun is found.
- 14th - Google Chomebooks are distributed to the Redbrick and EngSoc
members chosen to test them on behalf of the university.
- 17th - 4:21 a.m. It's pointed out in #lobby not a single post has
been made thus far, koffee
takes it upon himself to remedy this.
- 17th - Paddy's Day -Grand Pints to be consumed by all, having done
so to be remembered by some.
- 22nd - We lay our dear friend, bunbun, to rest in Bohernabreena
cemetery following mass at St Aengus's Church, Balrothery Parish,
- 27th - Redbrick's 16th AGM is held in QG21. Geekity does the
treasurer report in pirate.
David Larkan (tziegler) and James Reilly (fun) ran. fun was elected by secret ballot.
Niall (gamma) and Robert Devereux (kylar) ran. kylar was elected by secret ballot.
Mary Dennehy (Cindella) and Richard Walsh (koffee) ran. koffee was elected by secret ballot.
Tríona Barrow (polka) was the only candidate and was elected by a show of hands.
Public Relations Officer
Andrew Boylan (Fructus) was the only candidate and was elected by a show of hands.
Niall (gamma), Craig Duff (duff) and Eimear Tyrell (beimear) ran. duff and beimear were elected by secret ballot.
Shane Stacey (isaac702), Vadim Clyne-Kelly (VadimCK) and Craig Gavagan Mac Entee (creadak) ran. All were elected by a show of hands.
Ciaran McNally (maK), Ian Duffy (Duffy) and Max Hoffmann (tsov) ran. maK was elected be a show of hands.
- 13th - Redbrick hoodies arrive and country-wide celebrations break
- 23rd - Pygmalion, the new development server is opened for member
useage. Craig Mac Entee (creadak) steps down as System
- 17th-21st - Redbrick sets up a table in the Hub during Orientation
Week. Various Redbrick services are demonstrated, and some hassling
of an O2 employee (sarge) occurs. Gamessoc committee members join in
for Gangnam Style.
- 2nd-3rd - Redbrick sets up in the Venu for C&S Days. Generation 18
is created, with 128 new members joining over the two days. The
barcode scanner (with new improved script, olol) was used once again
- 4th - Introduction to Redbrick talk is held in LG26, followed by the
annual Freshers' Ball in association with Gamessoc. Platters, pints
and music from Safrole made a gg night.